Friday, November 13, 2015

Punk To The Core

It's fall which can only mean one thing....

Pumpkin. Pumpkin everywhere, as far as the eye can see. As a society we love to celebrate seasonal fruits and vegetables but I think we go overboard with pumpkin. The list of pumpkin seasonal beers is long and varied but I decided to go with the ever popular Punkin Ale by Dogfish head.

Dogfish Head is a brewing Based in Delaware that is loved by many and is noted for their XX-Minute ale. Their Punkin Ale is known to be absolutely loved by many and tends to sell out shortly after being stocked, some stores go as far as limiting how many cases a customer can purchase.

My brother is an aficionado for Dogfish Head so I got a 6-pack of the Punkin Ale for his birthday. Of course I took one for myself because that's what siblings are for!


The Punkin ale is a brown ale with flavored with pumpkin (obviously) and a hint of brown sugar. I tasted neither. As far as the IBU scale goes this is about in the middle at a rating of 28. I'm not the biggest fan of pumpkin brews as is, I'm not even a fan of the Pumpkin cider offered by Woodchuck. But, this is a wildly popular beer so if you see it and you like pumpkin definitely give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment