Friday, November 13, 2015

Raspberry Sour and Trivia Night

The Flying Saucer is a God-send to beer lovers. Visitors can go and taste a variety of beers under a single roof, have some snacks, and enjoy a night of trivia. I went to the Flying Saucer for a friends birthday after dinner at Hofbrau, another halfway decent place for beer.

It was a Friday night so naturally the Saucer was packed. Trivia Night is not something I usually attend and the time we just happened to stumble upon it but it ended up being pretty fun. It came to order and after a few minutes with the menu I decided on a raspberry sour.

A sour beer is exactly what it is, a sour beer. The type of sour beers available usually fall under lambics, gueuze, and flanders red ale.


I paired my beer with an appropriate dessert, a chocolate raspberry lava cake topped with vanilla ice cream. It was delicious! The sour beer paired surprisingly well with the sweet chocolate and smooth vanilla flavor. The pink color of the beer was to die for, absolutely gorgeous.

Definitely a hit with me, 10/10 would recommend. Sour beers are delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment